I am a graduate from the University of Washington
in the Department of Computer Science and the
Department of Mathematics. I’m currently a
Director of Engineering at the Allen Institute for AI.
Outside of work, I enjoy hiking in the Cascades, kayaking through the San
Juans, baking bread in my cob oven, cidermaking in the fall, and living the
island life on Whidbey Island.
- Eating and drinking.
- Iron. Cast iron, as a matter of fact.
- Linux. Follow my Linux setup and customizations.
- Projects. Learn about projects I’ve built.
- Working Geek. GeekWire selected me as a “Working Geek”.
- Salish Sea Conference Panel. I participated in a panel to discuss how technology companies and our region’s rising population is affecting Salish Sea recovery efforts.
- Nostalgia. For those who miss the old website.
- Download. Try some of the old software I have developed.
- Outdoors. Explore the outdoors (in my footsteps).
- Old Site. If you miss the old (somewhat broken now) site.
Or you might be coming here to discover why chair equals money.