I am a software engineer, manager, and bowl turner in the Pacific Northwest. I’m an alumnus of the University of Washington and my current position is Director of Engineering at the Allen Institute for AI.
Outside of work, I enjoy hiking in the Cascades, kayaking through the San Juans, turning wooden bowls, and living the island life on Whidbey Island.
- Eating and drinking.
- Cob Oven. Earth oven cooking.
- Fermentation. In moderation, of course.
- Fish and Chips.
- Quinua. Eat the wonder-sprout of the Inca.
- Sourdough. The staff of life.
- Walnuts. The king of nuts.
- Working Geek. GeekWire selected me as a “Working Geek”.
- Salish Sea Conference Panel. I participated in a panel to discuss how technology companies and our region’s rising population is affecting Salish Sea recovery efforts.
- Nostalgia. For those who miss the old website.
Or you might be coming here to discover why chair equals money?