I am a software engineer, manager, and bowl turner in the Pacific Northwest.
I’m an alumnus of the University of Washington
and my current position is Director of Engineering at the Allen Institute for AI.
Outside of work, I enjoy hiking in the Cascades, kayaking through the San
Juans, turning wooden bowls, and living the island life on Whidbey Island.
- Eating and drinking.
- Iron. Cast iron, as a matter of fact.
- Linux. Follow my Linux setup and customizations.
- Projects. Learn about projects I’ve built.
- Working Geek. GeekWire selected me as a “Working Geek”.
- Salish Sea Conference Panel. I participated in a panel to discuss how technology companies and our region’s rising population is affecting Salish Sea recovery efforts.
- Nostalgia. For those who miss the old website.
- Download. Try some of the old software I have developed.
- Outdoors. Explore the outdoors (in my footsteps).
Or you might be coming here to discover why chair equals money.