- 2 lb cold smoked ribs (from Carek’s in Roslyn)
- 2 c dry pink beans (or pinto, or anything really)
- 2 large anchos, roasted and peeled
- 2 onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 celery stick, minced
- 1 beer
- 1 bay leaf
- thyme, salt, pepper, oregano
Mince and saute 1 onion, the garlic, and the celery in a large dutch oven for a few minutes. Layer meet on top and pour beer over meet. Simmer with the lid on for an hour. Add everything but salt and the last onion. Barely cover the beans with water. Simmer for an hour or until done. Add sauted onion and salt to taste.
This recipe makes a delicate dish that accents the delicious cold smoked ribs.